The LEARN Network research team is studying how schools and districts procure curriculum materials and other products and programs to improve teaching and learning. Through interviews with state, district, and school leaders, teachers, and parents, and two nationally representative surveys of school and district leaders, we will learn about:
- How school and districts procure products and programs
- How evidence is used in these decisions
- How procurement processes may vary based on the product or program being purchased or the school context
- Challenges to using evidence in procurement decisions
- Supports that would make it easier for educators to find and procure evidence-based products and programs that align with their students’ needs and contexts
We will share findings to help current product teams scale their products and programs and help future product teams develop products and programs that meet user needs, center equity, and are designed for scale.